It is always crucial to select the right tile and the right tile installation system.
Why should I use a tile adhesive for installing my tiles, instead of just using a simple mixture of cement, sand and water?
SikaCeram® and Davco tile adhesives are specially formulated with many other materials to improve the key properties for laying tiles. Some of the benefits are such as:
- Reduces risk of tiles popping off
- Eliminates the need to pre-soak tiles, allowing the project to be completed faster
- Enhances adhesion strength to tiles due to specialised polymers added into the tile adhesiveImproves the workability to allow easy application during tiling
- Optimises the setting time of the tile adhesive to allow the tiles to be easily adjusted within a certain period of time
- Able to be used with various types of tiles, including ceramic, porcelain, homogeneous tiles
Tile perimeter and joint sealing
The gap in between a tiled floor and wall is called a perimeter joint. The common practice is to fill the gap with tile grout but that is not a good idea as there is perimeter movement and it could cause cracks and loose tiles. It is best to fill the joints with suitable sealant so movement is allowed.
Sink & faucet sealing
A hygiene condition in kitchen which is free from mould and fungal is very important. Kitchen sink and faucet contacts water and waste, which make the seal to the countertop very important, as a failed sealant will let waste water penetrate the joints and cause damage to the storage and cabinet below. A neutral based antifungal joint sealant is strongly recommened for this application.
How to prolong anti-fungal performance?
- Rinse off any organic residue - soap or food
- Avoid aggresive or chlorine-based bleaches