Deterioration of concrete may happen due to corrosion, structural damage, water infiltration, freeze and thaw cycles, seismic activity, reactive aggregates etc. Years of research plus decades of practical experience have enabled Sika to develop a fully comprehensive solution to restore and rehabilitate concrete structures. Sika customer advice and support is second to none, from concept to successful completion on site. This is all based on more than 100 years of experience on large and small projects all over the world.
Key Causes of Concrete Failure
Deterioration of concrete is largely due to:
- Chemical degradation
- Corrosion of the reinforcement steel
- Mechanical attack
- Physical damage
Underlying contributors to deterioration:
- Poor construction
- Lack of maintenance
- Design faults
Explore our Solutions for Concrete Repair
Sika’s Concrete Repair Solutions Have Many Benefits
- We provide all necessary products for the technically correct repair and protection of concrete.
- Special products and systems are available for use across many types of structures and for concrete repair in different application, climate and exposure conditions.
- Sika provides extensive independent testing with relevant approvals and certificates for all materials. This provides maximum confidence for everyone involved in these challenging projects.
- Our solutions are fully in accordance with principles and methods defined in European Standards EN 1504. These include systems to repair damage and defects in the concrete and also to repair damage caused by steel reinforcement corrosion.
Sika Provides Additional Technical Support for Your Project
- Sika provides a complete package of documentation to assist owners, architects, engineers and contractors with the right selection of repair principles, methods and products, the production of specifications and tender documents.
- The experienced Sika Technical Services Department is also available to train site engineers, applicators and contractors in the use and application of Sika products and systems.