It is always crucial to select the right tile and the right tile installation system.
Why should I use a tile adhesive for installing my tiles, instead of just using a simple mixture of cement, sand and water?
SikaCeram® and Davco tile adhesives are specially formulated with many other materials to improve the key properties for laying tiles. Some of the benefits are such as:
- Reduces risk of tiles popping off
- Eliminates the need to pre-soak tiles, allowing the project to be completed faster
- Enhances adhesion strength to tiles due to specialised polymers added into the tile adhesiveImproves the workability to allow easy application during tiling
- Optimises the setting time of the tile adhesive to allow the tiles to be easily adjusted within a certain period of time
- Able to be used with various types of tiles, including ceramic, porcelain, homogeneous tiles
Tile perimeter and joint sealing
The gap in between a tiled floor and wall is called a perimeter joint. The common practice is to fill the gap with tile grout but that is not a good idea as there is perimeter movement and it could cause cracks and loose tiles. It is best to fill the joints with suitable sealant so movement is allowed.