In gravel ballasted roofing systems, the waterproofing membrane is covered and ballasted against wind uplift and other exposures with a layer of gravel. Conventional gravel ballasted roofs have been built for many years and are suitable on most flat roofs and structures.
Our Solution – Complete Product Range
Several Sikaplan® and Sarnafil® single ply membranes are specially designed for use on gravel ballasted roofs where they provide durable, long lasting performance with these benefits:
- They are resistant against biological microorganisms.
- Application is possible at negative temperatures, giving unique flexibility to contractors, their clients and specifiers.
Gravel ballasted roofs with Sikaplan® or Sarnafil® single ply membranes are conventionally installed.
- The single ply membrane and other roof components, including thermal insulation, are loose laid.
- The buildup is ballasted with a gravel layer of at least 50 mm and 80 kg/m2.
- The gravel ballast secures the roof waterproofing against wind uplift forces.