Sika® FerroGard®-903 Plus
Sika® FerroGard®-903 Plus is a surface applied active corrosion inhibitor, based on organic compounds, designed for use as an impregnation of steel reinforced concrete. It penetrates the concrete and forms a protective monomolecular layer on the surface of the reinforcing steel. Sika® FerroGard®-903 Plus both delays the start of corrosion and reduces the corrosion rate. Corrosion protection with Sika® FerroGard®-903 Plus increases the service and maintenance life cycles by up to 15 years when used as a part of a complete Sika Concrete Repair and Protection System.
- Suitable for method 11.3 (applying inhibitor to the concrete) defined by EN 1504-9 for Principle 11 (anodic control).
- Transparent - does not change the appearance of the concrete structure.
- Does not alter the water vapour diffusion properties of concrete.
- Long term protection and durability.
- Can be applied to the surface of existing repairs and to surrounding areas.
- Effective against carbonation.
- Protects both cathodic (principle 9) and anodic (principle 11) zones of reinforcing steel.
- Can be applied where other repair/prevention options are not viable.
- Economic extension of the service life of reinforced concrete structures.
- Easy, economical application, renewable.
- Complies with GHS/CLP regulation.
- Can be used as part of other Sikagard® or Sika MonoTop® concrete repair and protection systems.
- Penetration depth can be tested on site using the Sika “Qualitative Analysis Test” - refer to your local Technical Service Department for details.