Liquid passive corrosion inhibitor/hydrophobic impregnation for reinforced concrete
Sikagard®-705 L is a one-component, low viscosity, solvent free, reactive passive corrosion inhibitor for concrete and cementitious substrates based on silane with 99 % active ingredient. Sikagard®-705 L complies with the highest requirements of EN 1504-2 for Hydrophobic Impregnation (penetration depth class II & resistance to freeze and thaw salt stresses).
- Fast uptake even on dense concrete.
- Easy to use.
- Excellent and deep penetration.
- Reduces corrosion even in cracked concrete.
- Mitigates corrosion rate of depassivated reinforcement bars.
- Prevents chloride migration to reinforcement bars.
- Effective against AAR.
- Can be used on new and corroding, and old, structures.
- Open to water vapour diffusion.
- Increases electrical resistivity in concrete.
- Increases the resistance of concrete to freeze and thaw cycles.
- Resistant to sea water.
- Low VOC content.
- Complies with Dutch guidelines (RWS NEN-EN 1504-2) on CEM III.
- Reduces capillary water absorption, protects against mist and splashing on vertical areas.
- Reduction of absorption of aggressive or deleterious agents dissolved in water (i.e. de-icing salts or chloride from marine environment).
- Ready to use.
- Long term durability.
- Reduced green growth.