Products for Self Consolidating Concrete
Sika ViscoCrete-1600 is a third generation superplasticiser for concrete and mortar. It is specially designed for the production of high flow concrete with exceptional flow retention and workability properties.
Sika ViscoCrete-1600 facilitates extreme water reduction, excellent flowability with optimal cohesion and strong self-compacting behaviour making it ideal for the following applications:
- High flow concrete for large pours
- Self-compacting concrete (SCC) for areas with congested reinforcements / difficult access for vibration
- Watertight concrete
- High strength concrete
- High durability concrete
The combination of high water reduction, excellent flowability, extended workability, and high early strength provides clear benefits in the above mentioned applications.
Characteristics and Advantages
Sika ViscoCrete-1600 acts by surface absorption on the cement particles producing a sterical separation effect. Concrete produced with Sika ViscoCrete-1600 exhibits the following properties:
- Excellent flowability (resulting in highly reduced placing and compacting efforts)
- Strong self-compacting behaviour
- Extremely high water reduction (resulting in high density and strengths)
- Increased high early strength development
- Improved shrinkage and creep behaviour
- Increased carbonation resistance of the concrete
- Improved finish
Sika ViscoCrete-1600 does not contain chlorides or other ingredients which promote steel corrosion. Therefore, it may be used without restriction for reinforced and prestressed concrete construction. Sika ViscoCrete-1600 gives the concrete extended workability and depending on the mix design and quality of materials used, self-compacting properties can be maintained for more than 1 hour at 30°C.
Packaging200 litre drums and 1000 litre tanks